The temple was founded by Prince Shotoku during the Asuka Period (592-710) Because the temple is related to the tiger of the Chinese Zodiac, which is used for the calendar, time and direction, the grounds of the temple are filled with figures of tigers. At the entrance, Fukutora, the world’s largest papier-mache tiger, greets visitors.
Come experience the thrill of bungy jumping and challenge yourself at Kansai’s only bridge bungy jump!!
- 30 meters (98.425 feet)
- Minimum Age 13 yrs
- Weight: Min 40kg – Max 100 kg (88 ~ 220 pounds)
- April – November 2017
- 9:00 – 17:30 (Last booking time is 16:30). Closed Thursdays and Fridays.
- Kaiun Bungy / Kansai Bungy
How do I get to Bungy Japan Kaiun Bungy by car? How long does it take?
- Take Route 168. Turn right at 平群交番前（交差点). Turn left on Route 250. Turn right on Route 236. Continue straight to the site
How do I get to Bungy Japan Kaiun Bungy by train? How long does it take?
- The closest station is Oji Station (Kintestu-Ikoma Line. JR Sakurai Line. JR Yamatoji Line)
- From Oji Station, take the Nara Kotsu Bus to Shigioohashi Bus Stop
- Parking is available. Cost is ¥500
You can check availability or make a booking for our Kaiun bungy site using our online booking system. If you have any problems or would prefer to talk to someone about your booking please feel free to call us at 0278-72-8133 (we have English speakers available). Bookings are essential if you wish to ensure that you are able to jump at a time that is convenient for you especially on weekends and public holidays.
Here are some things to keep in mind regarding our booking procedure –
** Priority is given to customers who have made a booking.
** It is possible to jump without a booking but it is possible that there will be up to a 3 hour wait.
** Our bookings are made up of 30 minute blocks throughout the day with up to 6 people per block.
** For a group of 4 people allow at least 1 hour from check-in to jump.
Booking times are available on the hour & on the half hour and we normally can accommodate 6 jumpers per 30 minute block.
- Health Conditions. In order for us to ensure that your Bungy Jump experience is safe and enjoyable, it is important that you make us aware of any medical conditions you have before you jump. Please note that suffering from any of the following medical conditions won’t necessarily prevent you from jumping. Bungy jumping is, however, an adrenaline activity that will increase your blood pressure & heart rate and it is helpful if our staff understand what we are dealing with ahead of time. All our staff have received first aid training a nd a licensed responder is on site at all times. If you suffer from or are taking medication for any of the conditions listed below, please consult your physician prior to booking and then inform our staff of the condition when you check in on the day:
High Blood Pressure,
Asthma, Bone Disorders,
Recent or Recurring Dislocations,
Recent Eye Surgery,
Prosthetic limbs Any other recent surgery…
Pregnant women will not be allowed to bungy jump.
If you have any other general concerns or concerns regarding recent injuries, please do not hesitate to ask our staff. As a general rule though, if you are active at the moment and can partake in sporting activities (such as jogging, skiing or extreme train-spotting), then bungy jumping should be fine.
- Alcohol Policy Due to safety, liability & insurance issues, anyone found to have consumed alcohol on the day will not be allowed to bungy jump.
- Age Restrictions: Participants must be 13 years of age or older. Anyone under the age of 20 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian or bring a waiver that has been pre-signed by their parent or guardian. Please contact us by phone or email to request a copy of our waiver or click on the button below.
- Weight Restrictions: 40 ~ 100 kg (88 ~ 220 pounds)
- First Jump: ￥9,000
- 2nd Jump (Same day): ￥5,000
- Repeat Jump: ￥7,000 (Certificate from previous jump & photo ID required)
- Have you jumped at one of our other sites? Enjoy a ￥1,000 discount!
*Onsite payments are cash only. Credit cards can only be accepted when reservations are paid online.
Kaiun Bungy will open March 2017
- 9:00-11:30 to 12:30-17:00pm (Last booking time is 16:30). Closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
* If Wednesday or Thursday is a national holiday Kaiun Bungy is normally open. Please call our call center to confirm.
* Hours may be extended on demand
* Note that operation may be suspended in cases where safety is not guaranteed (i.e. typhoon, etc.)
- If your booking is cancelled, in full or in part, on the day before your scheduled jump, a 50% cancellation fee will be levied.
- If your booking is cancelled, in full or in part, on the day of your scheduled jump, a 100% cancellation fee will be levied.