The area is well known for Sarugakyo Onsen, the infamous hot spring that is sure to provide you with a soothing pause. Also on offer is canoeing on a nearby lake. The beauty of the surrounding nature rank it as one of Bungy Japan’s most visually stunning places to get your bungy adrenaline fix.
Located just a 20 minute drive and from the Minakami bungy site and standing 20 meters higher, Sarugakyo is the perfect place to deepen your bungy experience. And what’s more because of its proximity to our Minakami location we offer discounted combo packages for those who’d like to jump from both bridges. Get a taste of both at 42 meter and 62 meter free fall and get a massive discount while you’re at it! Sarugakyo Bungy also features Japan’s first electric winch recovery so when your jump is done you’ll be reeled back up to the bridge! Which location will get your adrenaline pumping more?
- 62 meters (203.412 feet)
- Minimum Age 15 yrs
- Weight: Min 40kg – Max 105 kg (88 ~ 230 pounds)
- Year Round
- 9:00 – 17:30 (Last booking time is 16:30). Closed Thursdays and Fridays.
Q: How do I get to Bungy Japan Sarugakyo by car? How long does it take?
- If coming by car, simply exit off of the Kanetsu Expressway at the Tsukiyono I.C. (月夜野I.C.) and take Route 17 to Sarugakyo Onsen (猿ヶ京温泉). After arriving in Sarugakyo, you will pass a Lawson convenience store on your left-hand side. Look for the entrance to Bungy Japan’s driveway on the right-hand side about 300 m past Lawson. It is directly opposite the Kokyo Ryokan ( 湖 郷 ).
Q: How do I get to Bungy Japan Sarugakyo by train? How long does it take?
- If coming by bullet train, ride the Joetsu Shinkansen Line (上越新幹線) to the Jomo Kogen Station (上毛高原駅). At the station, board a bus headed for Sarugakyo Onsen (猿ヶ京温泉行). After riding the bus for about 30 minutes, disembark at the bus stop in front of the Lawson convenience store (Gakko Iriguchi Stop) and continue on foot, in the same direction as the bus was travelling, for about 300 m (5 minutes). Look for the entrance to Bungy Japan’s driveway on the right-hand side, directly opposite the Kokyo Ryokan ( 湖 郷 ).
- If coming by local train, you must first get to Takasaki Station [高崎駅] in Gunma and then take the JR Joetsu Line [上越線] to Gokan Station [後閑駅] . At the station, board a bus headed for Sarugakyo Onsen (猿ヶ京温泉行). After riding the bus for about 40 minutes, disembark at the bus stop in front of the Lawson convenience store and continue on foot (in the same direction as the bus was travelling) for about 300 m (5 minutes). Look for the entrance to Bungy Japan’s driveway on the right-hand side, directly opposite the Kokyo Ryokan ( 湖 郷 ).
Parking is avilalble in the designated Bungy Japan parking lot near Route 17.
You can check availability or make a booking for our Sarugakyo bungy site using our online booking system. If you have any problems or would prefer to talk to someone about your booking please feel free to call us at 0278-72-8133 (we have English speakers available). Bookings are essential if you wish to ensure that you are able to jump at a time that is convenient for you especially on weekends and public holidays.
Here are some things to keep in mind regarding our booking procedure –
** Priority is given to customers who have made a booking.
** It is possible to jump without a booking but it is possible that there will be up to a 3 hour wait.
** Our bookings are made up of 30 minute blocks throughout the day with up to 6 people per block.
** For a group of 4 people allow at least 1 hour from check-in to jump.
Booking times are available on the hour & on the half hour and we normally can accommodate 6 jumpers per 30 minute block.
- Health Conditions. In order for us to ensure that your Bungy Jump experience is safe and enjoyable, it is important that you make us aware of any medical conditions you have before you jump. Please note that suffering from any of the following medical conditions won’t necessarily prevent you from jumping. Bungy jumping is, however, an adrenaline activity that will increase your blood pressure & heart rate and it is helpful if our staff understand what we are dealing with ahead of time. All our staff have received first aid training a nd a licensed responder is on site at all times. If you suffer from or are taking medication for any of the conditions listed below, please consult your physician prior to booking and then inform our staff of the condition when you check in on the day:
High Blood Pressure,
Asthma, Bone Disorders,
Recent or Recurring Dislocations,
Recent Eye Surgery,
Prosthetic limbs Any other recent surgery…
Pregnant women will not be allowed to bungy jump.
If you have any other general concerns or concerns regarding recent injuries, please do not hesitate to ask our staff. As a general rule though, if you are active at the moment and can partake in sporting activities (such as jogging, skiing or extreme train-spotting), then bungy jumping should be fine.
- Alcohol Policy Due to safety, liability & insurance issues, anyone found to have consumed alcohol on the day will not be allowed to bungy jump.
- Age Restrictions: Participants must be 15 years of age or older. Anyone under the age of 20 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian or bring a waiver that has been pre-signed by their parent or guardian. Please contact us by phone or email to request a copy of our waiver or click on the button below.
- Weight Restrictions: 40 ~ 105 kg (88 ~ 230 pounds)
- First Jump: ￥11,000
- 2nd Jump (Same day) – ￥6,000
- Repeat Jump (at any future date) – ￥8,000
- Sarugakyo & Minakami Combo – ￥16,000
- Have you jumped at one of our other sites? Enjoy a ￥1,000 discount!
* Currently we do not have Credit Card facilities on site so all payments are cash on the day.[Certificate from previous jump & photo ID required]
- Sarugakyo is open year round.
- 9:00-11:30 to 12:30-17:00 (Last booking time is 16:30). Closed on Thursdays and Fridays.
* Hours may be extended on demand
* Note that operation may be suspended in cases where safety is not guaranteed (i.e. heavy snowfall)
- If your booking is cancelled, in full or in part, on the day of your scheduled jump, a 100% cancellation fee will be levied.
- If your booking is cancelled, in full or in part, on the day before your scheduled jump, a 50% cancellation fee will be levied.
Rafting, Canyoning & Canoeing
Hotels & Ryokan