Minakami is fast becoming known as the outdoor capital of Japan and for good reason! The area boasts over a dozen river rafting companies in addition to canyoning, SUP, kayaking, canoeing and downhill mountain biking. Minakami is also home to Mt. Tanigawa one of the top 100 famous Japanese mountains and also a well renowned climbing mountain. And don’t forget what put the town on the map decades ago is its bounty of soothing natural hot springs
Of course one more activity that has put the area on the map is bungy jumping! Since 2007 over 50,000 people have taken the plunge safely including pop stars like members of the group AKB48 and legends of the entertainment business like Debbie Fujin.
All things considered Minakami is a natural wonderland. Come and step over the rail onto our specially constructed platform and experience the thrill of free fall!
- 42 meters (137.795 feet)
- Minimum Age 15 yrs | Maximum Age 110 yrs
- Weight: Min 40kg – Max 105 kg (88 ~ 230 pounds)
- April – November 2017
- 9:00 – 17:30 (Last booking time is 16:30). Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Address: 143 Obinata, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma-ken, 379-1612
Q: How do I get to Bungy Japan Minakami by car? How long does it take?
A: Take the Kanetsu Highway to the Minakami interchange. After passing through the toll gates, turn left at the first stoplights. Then, after about 3 minutes of following the road, you will come to a large bridge. Cross the bridge, past the bungy jump platform and you will see our reception office on the right.If there is no traffic, it takes about 90 minutes from Nerima interchange. Please be aware that if you are late for your booking, it is possible that you might not be able to jump that day. With this in mind, please allow yourself a little extra time to reach Minakami.
Q: How do I get to Bungy Japan Minakami by train? How long does it take?
A: By bullet train: From Tokyo Station, take the Joestsu Shinkansen Line [上越新幹線] to Jomo Kogen Station [上毛高原駅] (90 minutes). From the bus stop in front of the station, board a bus bound for Minakami Station [水上駅] and get off at the Suwa Jinja Mae bus stop [諏訪神社前] in front of the Komeri hardware store (20 minutes). Walk across the big bridge to the Bungy Japan office (2 minutes).
By local train: From Shinjuku, take the JR Takasaki Line [高崎線] to Takasaki Station [高崎駅] (90 minutes). Transfer to the JR Joetsu Line [上越線] and take it to Minakami Station [水上駅] (60 minutes). From Minakami Station, you can take a local bus (10 minutes), a taxi (5 minutes) or walk (30 minutes) to the Bungy Japan office.
Please note that the local trains and buses run infrequently and there can be up to an hour wait for a connection if not timed properly, therefore it is highly recommended to carefully check all required schedules.
For planning your trip – which trains to catch and train times etc… Try this website: http://jorudan.co.jp/english/
Free parking for 50 cars as well as space for tour buses is available. Simply cross the bridge and follow the signs to the Bungy Japan parking lot at “Minakami no Mori” which is a short 3 minute walk from reception. Please note that stopping on the bridge for any reason is prohibited.
You can check availability or make a booking for our Minakami bungy site using our online booking system. If you have any problems or would prefer to talk to someone about your booking please feel free to call us at 0278-72-8133 (we have English speakers available). Bookings are essential if you wish to ensure that you are able to jump at a time that is convenient for you especially on weekends and public holidays.
Here are some things to keep in mind regarding our booking procedure –
** Priority is given to customers who have made a booking.
** It is possible to jump without a booking but it is possible that there will be up to a 3 hour wait.
** Our bookings are made up of 30 minute blocks throughout the day with up to 6 people per block.
** For a group of 4 people allow at least 1 hour from check-in to jump.
Booking times are available on the hour & on the half hour and we normally can accommodate 6 jumpers per 30 minute block.Book Now
- Health Conditions. In order for us to ensure that your Bungy Jump experience is safe and enjoyable, it is important that you make us aware of any medical conditions you have before you jump. Please note that suffering from any of the following medical conditions won’t necessarily prevent you from jumping. Bungy jumping is, however, an adrenaline activity that will increase your blood pressure & heart rate and it is helpful if our staff understand what we are dealing with ahead of time. All our staff have received first aid training and a licensed responder is on site at all times. If you suffer from or are taking medication for any of the conditions listed below, please consult your physician prior to booking and then inform our staff of the condition when you check in on the day:
High Blood Pressure,
Asthma, Bone Disorders,
Recent or Recurring Dislocations,
Recent Eye Surgery,
Prosthetic limbs Any other recent surgery…
Pregnant women will not be allowed to bungy jump.
If you have any other general concerns or concerns regarding recent injuries, please do not hesitate to ask our staff. As a general rule though, if you are active at the moment and can partake in sporting activities (such as jogging, skiing or extreme train-spotting), then bungy jumping should be fine.
- Alcohol Policy: Due to safety, liability & insurance issues, anyone found to have consumed alcohol on the day will not be allowed to bungy jump.
- Age Restrictions: Participants must be 15 years of age or older. Anyone under the age of 20 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian or bring a waiver that has been pre-signed by their parent or guardian. Please contact us by phone or email to request a copy of our waiver or click on the button below.
- Weight Restrictions: 40 ~ 105 kg (88 ~ 230 pounds)
- First Jump: ￥9,000
- 2nd Jump (Same day): ￥5,000
- Repeat Jump (at any future date) – ￥6,000 (certificate from previous jump and photo ID required)
- Sarugakyo & Minakami Same Day Combo* – ￥16,000
- Have you jumped at another one of our sites? Enjoy a ￥1000 discount! (certificate from previous jump and photo ID required)
Onsite payments are cash only. Credit cards can only be accepted when reservations are paid online.
- April – November 2017
- 9:00to 11:30, 12:30-17:30 (Last booking time is 16:30). Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
* Hours may be extended on demand
* Note that operation may be suspended in cases where safety is not guaranteed (i.e. high river levels, typhoon, etc.)
- If your booking is cancelled, in full or in part, on the day of your scheduled jump, a 100% cancellation fee will be levied.
- If your booking is cancelled, in full or in part, on the day before your scheduled jump, a 50% cancellation fee will be levied.
Rafting, Canyoning & Canoeing
Paragliding & Mountain Biking
Hotels & Ryokan
Minshuku & Lodges