The temple was founded by Prince Shotoku during the Asuka Period (592-710) Because the temple is related to the tiger of the Chinese Zodiac, which is used for the calendar, time and direction, the grounds of the temple are filled with figures of tigers. At the entrance, Fukutora, the world’s largest papier-mache tiger, greets visitors.
Come experience the thrill of bungy jumping and challenge yourself at Kansai’s only bridge bungy jump!!
- 30 meters (98.425 feet)
- Minimum Age 13 yrs
- Weight: Min 40kg – Max 100 kg (88 ~ 220 pounds)
- Kaiun Bungy / Kansai Bungy
Address: 1190-20 Shigisannishi, Sango, Ikoma District, Nara 636-0832, Japan
How do I get to Kaiun Bungy by car?
⊿ Via Daini Hanna Road – Exit at Ichibun (壱文) I.C. and take Route 168 towards Ikaruga (斑鳩) and Heguri (平群). Turn right into Shigi Flower Road (信貴フラワーロード) after passing Higashiyama Station (東山駅) on your left. It takes about 20 minutes from Ichibun I.C.
⊿ Via Nishi Meihan Expressway – If you are coming from Osaka, exit at Kashiba (香芝) I.C. and take Route 168 towards Oji (王寺) and Horyuji (法隆寺). If you are coming from Nagoya, exit at Horyuji (法隆寺) I.C. and turn right towards Shigisan (信貴山) and Horyuji (法隆寺). It takes about 20 minutes from both I.Cs.
⊿ Via Shigiikoma Skyline (toll road) – After going through Shigisanmon toll booth, go straight for 350 meters.
※ Please use nearby pay parking.
How do I get to Kaiun Bungy by public transportation?
You can take trains to one of the nearest stations and change to bus to get to Kaiun Bungy.
Nearest train stations:
① Oji Station王寺駅 (JR Yamatoji Line and Sakurai Line, Kintetsu Ikoma Line) / Shin-Oji Station新王寺駅 (Kintetsu Tawaramoto Line)
② Takayasuyama Station高安山駅 (Kintetsu Shigi Line)
Nearest Bus stops:
Coming from ① Oji / Shin-Oji Station: Shigi Ohashi 信貴大橋 (Nara Kotsu Bus) (3 min. walk)
Coming from ② Takayasuyama Station: Shigisanmon信貴山門 (Kintetsu Bus) (4 min. walk)
⊿ Getting to ① Oji / Shin-Oji Station by JR takes roughly:
35 min. from Osaka Station using Yamatoji Rapid Service
15 min. from Nara Station using Yamatoji Rapid Service
70 min. from Kyoto Station via Nara Station
*If you are coming by Shinkansen, get off at Shin-Osaka and travel via Osaka Sta.
⊿ Getting to ① Oji / Shin-Oji Station by Kintetsu takes roughly:
45 min. from Osaka Nabma Station via Ikoma
25 min. from Ikoma Station
35 min. from Yamato Yagi via Tawaramoto and Nishi Tawaramoto.
*If you are coming from Nagoya by Kintetsu, change trains at Yamato Yagi.
⊿ Getting from ① Oji / Shin-Oji Station to Kaiun Bungy
From Oji Station North Exit, take Nara Kotsu Bus Route 42 or 43 bound for Shigisanmon 信貴山門 for about 18 min. Get off at Shigi Ohashi 信貴大橋 and walk for about 3 min.
*You can use Nara Kotsu Bus’s One-day Pass to save 240 Yen for return bus fee! (click here for more information)
From Oji Station North Exit, it’s 4.8km or about 12 min drive.
⊿ Getting from ② Takayasuyama Station
Take Kintetsu Bus Route 50 bound for Shigisanmon for about 7 min. Get off at the final stop and walk for about 4 min.
*There is no taxi stand at Takayasuyama Station.
You can check availability or make a booking for our Kaiun bungy site using our online booking system. If you have any problems or would prefer to talk to someone about your booking please feel free to call us at 0278-72-8133 (we have English speakers available). Bookings are essential if you wish to ensure that you are able to jump at a time that is convenient for you especially on weekends and public holidays.
Here are some things to keep in mind regarding our booking procedure –
** Priority is given to customers who have made a booking.
** It is possible to jump without a booking but it is possible that there will be up to a 3 hour wait.
** Our bookings are made up of 30 minute blocks throughout the day with up to 6 people per block.
** For a group of 4 people allow at least 1 hour from check-in to jump.
Booking times are available on the hour & on the half hour and we normally can accommodate 6 jumpers per 30 minute block.
- Health Conditions. In order for us to ensure that your Bungy Jump experience is safe and enjoyable, it is important that you make us aware of any medical conditions you have before you jump. Please note that suffering from any of the following medical conditions won’t necessarily prevent you from jumping. Bungy jumping is, however, an adrenaline activity that will increase your blood pressure & heart rate and it is helpful if our staff understand what we are dealing with ahead of time. All our staff have received first aid training a nd a licensed responder is on site at all times. If you suffer from or are taking medication for any of the conditions listed below, please inform our of the condition from contact form in advance:
High Blood Pressure,
Asthma, Bone Disorders,
Recent or Recurring Dislocations,
Recent Eye Surgery,
Prosthetic limbs Any other recent surgery,
Low bone density, Weak bone and/or Osteoporosis,
Pregnant women will not be allowed to bungy jump.
If you have any other general concerns or concerns regarding recent injuries, please do not hesitate to ask our staff. As a general rule though, if you are active at the moment and can partake in sporting activities (such as jogging, skiing or extreme train-spotting), then bungy jumping should be fine.
- Alcohol Policy Due to safety, liability & insurance issues, anyone found to have consumed alcohol on the day will not be allowed to bungy jump.
- Age Restrictions: Participants must be 13 years of age or older. Anyone under the age of 20 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian or bring a waiver that has been pre-signed by their parent or guardian. Please contact us by phone or email to request a copy of our waiver or click on the button below.
- Weight Restrictions: 40 ~ 100 kg (88 ~ 220 pounds)
- First Jump: ￥10,000
- 2nd Jump (Same day): ￥6,000
- Repeat Jump (at any future date): ￥8,000
* Currently we do not have Credit Card facilities on site so all payments are cash on the day.
- 9:00-11:30 to 12:30-17:00pm (Last booking time is 16:30). Closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
* If Wednesday or Thursday is a national holiday Kaiun Bungy is normally open. Please call our call center to confirm.
* Hours may be extended on demand
* Note that operation may be suspended in cases where safety is not guaranteed (i.e. typhoon, etc.)
- If your booking is cancelled, in full or in part, on the day before your scheduled jump, a 50% cancellation fee will be levied.
- If your booking is cancelled, in full or in part, on the day of your scheduled jump, a 100% cancellation fee will be levied.
- If you book at a discounted rate, the cancellation fee will be treated as the normal rate.